1. General terms and conditions of use
- The user of the present website of CHARGED, hereafter referred to as « user », acknowledges that the user has verified that the computer configuration used does not contain any viruses or any other malicious software and that it operates perfectly.
- The user is solely responsible for the selection, use and interpretation of the data which the user consults, searches and transmits on the Internet.
- European Dynamics, a CHARGED partner is responsible for this website and reserves the right to modify the present legal notice at any time. The user shall abide by the conditions of use of the portal contained in the most recent version of the legal notice available on the portal at the time of such use.
2. Contents of the website
CHARGED maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its initiatives and to inform about the current status of the project in general.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites, over which CHARGED has no control and for which it assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. We reserve the right to correct the content of this website at any time and without notice.
However CHARGED accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information neither for the presence of viruses or malicious software on its website.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems CHARGED accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of CHARGED in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
Any user who discovers inaccuracies, erroneous information or information of a clearly unlawful nature is invited to inform the R&D Department, European Dynamics, Belgium.
3. Use of hyperlinks
- This site includes information made available by hyperlinks to other sites which have not been developed by CHARGED.
- CHARGED shall under no circumstances be liable for hyperlinks to other sites from this site.
- The existence of a link from this site to another site shall not constitute any acquiescence or warranty on the part of CHARGED with respect to content or any person who runs such other site.
- The creation of hyperlinks to this site shall be subject to the explicit prior approval of the CHARGED.
4. Data privacy
4.1. Processing of personal data
4.1.1. In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data by which a person is identified or is identifiable. This data includes, for example, the name of a person but also data from which a person can be determined (e.g. e-mail address, account connection data, etc.).
4.1.2. The data collected on the website of CHARGED stem exclusively from the voluntary registering of your personal data, for example by subscribing to our newsletter or our Final Info Day event or any other event related to the dissemination of the project. It will exclusively be shared by European Dynamics for performing functions on your behalf in connection with services related to the newsletters and conferences or events as described above. It will not be shared with any other organisation - commercial or otherwise excepted in case of external consultancy in relation with the website. In such case appropriate measures will be implemented.
We will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
We put in place measures to ensure that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter “GDPR”).
4.1.3. The person responsible for the processing of personal data on this website pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the Basic EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
B-1060 Brussels, Belgium
alkiviadis.giannakoulias (at) eurodyn.com
4.1.4. When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security. The legal basis for this is a balancing of interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
4.1.5. According to the GDPR You have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data concerning you
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Right of correction or deletion (Art. 16 GDPR Art. 17 GDPR)
- Right of limitation of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right of opposition to processing (Art. 21 GDPR)
- Right of data transferability (Art. 20 GDPR)
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
(3) You can exercise your rights by sending us an email here : alkiviadis.giannakoulias (at) eurodyn.com
(4) You can contact European Dynamics Belgium data protection officer at any time:
alkiviadis.giannakoulias (at) eurodyn.com
(5) We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. However, we may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
Cookies are used on the CHARGED website for its technical functioning and for gathering statistics.
The legal basis for processing personal data by using session cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 point (f) GDPR (legitimate interest). Without the use of the session cookies especially, several functions could not be offered on our website.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on the visitor’s computer or mobile device.
The information on this page lists the cookies that this website uses and describes their purpose.
You will also find more details here about cookies relating to our social media channels.
4.2.1. Social media cookies
CHARGED is active on social media platforms. For instance, CHARGED is present on five key social media platforms – Twitter, Vimeo, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. These communities strengthen our online presence and visibility.
- CHARGED website does not set cookies with the display of links to our social media channels when you are browsing our website;
- You can watch CHARGED videos, which we upload on our YouTube page. You can also follow links from our website to Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, and YouTube;
- In order to watch some CHARGED videos, a message will alert you that you will possibly need to accept YouTube cookies to do so. YouTube has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. There is no installation of cookies from YouTube until you consent to YouTube cookies;
- Similarly, by clicking on the Twitter, Vimeo, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube button on our website, you will be redirected to those websites, which have their own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control.
4.2.2. Session cookies
CHARGED is using session cookies to ensure the correct usage of the website. Cookies used by CHARGED are deleted after the session.
4.3. Restricted access to information
All analytics data communication is encrypted via HTTPS protocol. The analytical reports generated can only be accessed by authorised European Dynamics Belgium staff or by duly authorised external sub-contractors, who may be required to analyse, develop and/or regularly maintain certain websites.
Specific questions about the storage and use of personal data by CHARGED can be sent to us at alkiviadis.giannakoulias (at) eurodyn.com
5. Intellectual property
All the information available on the website www.charged-project.eu is protected by copyright. We also use creative content from websites that provide free of charge and royalty free content (i.e. freepik.com), fully respecting and taking under consideration any specific licensing terms of copyright exploitation. Unless otherwise indicated, reproduction of texts from these sites for non-commercial purposes and especially in educational situations is permitted, subject to the following three conditions being met:
- Free dissemination;
- Respect for the integrity of the reproduced documents: no modification or alteration of any kind;
- Explicit mention of the websites used as a source and statement that the rights of reproduction are reserved and limited.
Any exception to these rules shall be subject to the prior written approval of CHARGED and the author of the creative content.
- The user accepts that any access to the website or any use of the website shall be on the user own responsibility.
- CHARGED declines all liability for direct or indirect damage which may be caused by the use of the site, particularly in relation to an interruption to or cessation of the operation of the site or a dysfunction of the site which may result in particular from a shutdown for maintenance or upgrading of the computer system of CHARGED, technical faults or network overloads, faults in telephone lines, errors, negligence or misdemeanors by suppliers of Internet services or by a third party, or a virus acquired via the Internet.
7. CHARGED on Social Networks
8. Belgium law and courts
- The law of Belgium shall apply.
- The user is informed that only Brussels courts are competent to pronounce a ruling with respect to any disputes which may arise relating to the use, interpretation and implementation of the information and data featured on this website.
European Dynamics Belgium,
B-1060 Brussels, Belgium
alkiviadis.giannakoulias (at) eurodyn.com
The user acknowledges that the user has taken note of this legal notice and undertakes to observe it.